Police misconduct

This blog is where I will tell my story of the way Jersey, Hampshire and Sussex Police have treated me on behlaf of the Church of England who failed to safeguard me.
This blog is an open blog where anyone with a police misconduct story can share.

This blog has a specific empathy for abuse survivors who have had a rotten time at the hands of the police, who barely understand abuse and it's effects and treat distress as the result of abuse as madness and treat survivors as insane and not credible.

My first experience of police dishonesty and misconduct was 21 years ago when my family were involved in the Frank Beck and Greville Janner war, which profoundly affected me. it was akin to the Jersey Way, where police and government worked together and victims and witnesses were not heard properly.

In my adventures into social media as a result of the Jersey matter, and also on the streets, I have met many voiceless victims of the police.

I have to add, not all police are bad, the aim of this is not to villify the whole police force. As most people know, the man who has helped me most regarding the Jersey and Winchester war is an ex-policeman, and he is a good man, although he refuses to answer me when I ask him if policemen store donuts in their hats, but I will persist.

Feel free to email me your stories and you can be published anonymous if you wish. iamtherealhg@gmail.com

Disclaimer, the views on this blog are those of the people who offer them to post. This is not an attack on the police but on the persistent ignorance and wrongdoing among police forces, especially in the case of vulnerable people and abuse survivors.

Sunday 22 June 2014

Vicious cycle

If the Police are allowed to continue to brutalize and beat people who are abuse survivors, if the police continue to disbelieve abuse survivors and treat them with scorn, they will continue to create generations of people who are criminals only because they have been abused.

There is a distinct gap between abuse and police, that needs to be filled with support, understanding and provision.

The police also need to learn that abuse survivors are not just mad, and what the police percieve as madness is not a crime and will not be cured by beatings and detentions, the only cure for deep hurt, is patience, understanding and gentleness, it can take a long time to believe in someone, it has taken me a year to believe in Bob Hill, the gentle ex-policeman who has represented me so well. But it does take time, we are not robots, we do not heal when someone snaps their fingers, we need time, and yes, we are angry and incoherent, that is not madness, it is reaction to harm, and will not be cured by beatings and detentions, no, such things only compound the trauma and anger and damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment